Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Count 1000 Gifts in 2012

Yesterday I saw this on Facebook.


At first I did not really think about this until I found a white iceberg rose in our garden with heavenly smell.  Then I though back to the challenge and decided to see if I can find more white gifts.

And that brought me back to April 1.  Always a very special day in my life.  On this day 5 years ago my dad passed away, went from this earthly tent to the heavenly house of our Heavenly Father.  Six weeks before his death God led me to the book "Prison to Praise" by Merlin Carothers .  I then started to praise God for my fathers health and healing.  And at the end of my praise-time I praised very softly and with a heavy heart, for his death. It was not something I wanted to do, but felt led to.

Wow, I did not realise what that little praise-prayer would do for me, what it would mean.  There was no sting in my fathers death 6 weeks later.  We had such a lovely farewell on the Saturday, 31 March 2007.


All 4 children came from different directions,  long distances, to say goodbye and around 5pm we all were around his bed, and I believe this gave my dad peace to go home.  He died the next morning, Sunday April 1, 2007.  I missed him, still do, but that pain of loss, of death was not so intense.

I learned a valuable lesson then, but sometimes still miss the point.  So, I want to look around me, in me, in my house, to see the blessings, the gifts, the praise-worthy things and concentrate on them.

I do not want to put pressure on myself so wont blog every day but try to keep the list.  And I will go back and find the treasures, the gifts of the first three months of the year.  So for April 1, I'll start with Gift #274 - 276 - in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment